What photographers can’t do without.
What’s in my camera bag.
Apart from the usual camera and and a variety of lens, what else do photographers carry in their bags you may well ask.
Not entirely sure what others do, but I have a few things I find extremely important when I go on a shoot .The list is as follows;
- Never leave home without a camera mack ,it can rain in melbourne at the drop of a hat and its just not worth getting your gear wet no matter how good the seals are.
- A bottle of water, its thirsty work on warmer days and for the sake of the pooch I am happy to share my bottle when no water is available.
- Treats- always check first before plying the dog with treats as it may have allergies or medical conditions.
- Paper blow out whistles ,works on so many dogs when trying to get attention,but don’t over use .
- Wet wipes ,yes they are a lifesaver as treats can leave heaps of nasty particles around the dogs mouth and for eye goobies .Make sure non-fragrance types,I prefer baby wipes.
- Mobile phone -you just don’t know with traffic these days and nothing is worse than not knowing where the client is ,never happened to me yet but would rather be prepared.
- Small amount of cash.
- Spare batteries and spare cards ,don’t ever forget this at your own peril if you do !
- A big marble ,helps when the light is not the best to get great catch lights.
- Wellies,I have summer and winter wellies for the beach and if there has been a huge downpour. Saves my runners & my R.M. Williams boots !